Latte Art Throwdown, 2017
2017 LATTE ART THROWDOWN
Presented in partnership with:
Saturday, March 25. 3PM
Open to baristas of all levels including participating vendors.
Entry Fee: $20, includes entry to the festival and commemorative festival mug.
Limited to 10 latte artists.
Contest will last approximately 1 hours.
1st Place: $125
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25
Registration – EXTENDED TO MARCH 10
LATTE ART THROWDOWN RULES
- Bracket style, sudden death format featuring head-to-head competition as "a match" between the competitors.
- Contestants will be randomly assigned bracket placement upon arrival.
- Each match lasts lasts 3 minutes.
- Baristas will have 3 minutes to create their latte artwork.
- Baristas will be provided with a standard pitcher, tamper, and large, 16 ounce cafe cup.
- All baristas must use the espresso and milk provided. Espresso provided by Prosum Roasters.
- Baristas must grind their beans on provided grinders as part of the three minutes.
- If baristas are unsatisfied with their first art attempt, they may make a second, but cannot exceed the 3-minute time limit.
- At the end of 3 minutes baristas will move their lattes to the judging table.
- A team of 3 judges will each select their favorite. The barista receiving 2 or more votes moves on to the next round. The loser is eliminated.
- Each round will present the baristas with a different challenge or requirement.
- - Round 1: Florets. No design tools, syrups or powders may be used.
- - Round 2: Free Pour. No design tools, syrups or powders may be used.
- - Round 3: Design Pour. You may free pour or use any design tools that you bring.
- - Semi-Finals: Barista Choice. You may use any self-provided design tools, powders, etc.
- - Finals: Barista Choice. You may use any self-provided design tools, powders, etc.
- - The losers from the Semi-Final round will face off in competition for third place.
- Free Pour = No design tools or additional ingredients may be used.
- Designer Pour = Any design, etching, and manipulation tools, and additional ingredients may be used, such as powders and syrups.
- Art will judged on contrast, definition, level of difficulty, creativity, and aesthetic beauty.
- Onsite refrigeration is unavailable. Please bing any decorating syrups or tools requiring refrigeration in a small cooler. Coolers and tools may be left back stage prior to the contest.
- Checks will be issued to the winners at the conclusion of the competition.
Questions? Contact Us at Contact@BlueRiverProductions.com.